• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
redhill_uk
Fresh Boarder

Re: 6/3/11 Shoreline Amp., Mountainview Ca.

#30905 3 years, 4 months ago
Great show - poignant Morning Dew and the band really rocked well and jammed longer/more often than I recall the dead doing 2 years ago - filling the space/drums gap I guess.

Relaxed walk home to the hotel in the rain - just like home!

Met some good folk tonight - roll on tomorrow.

The music never stops.
Attachments:
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#30908 3 years, 4 months ago
Hell yeah that rain felt like I was swimming in a giant Sprite.. crisp and clean... no caffeine!!!

Jam in.... just going where it went. It went a few weird places a couple of times... goin' right with em.
Chester
More or less in line

#30967 3 years, 4 months ago
Wow. Sounds like you all had a good time. Thanks for the reviews, and the pictures. Enjoy tonight's show. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ZUrlocker
Fresh Boarder

#31066 3 years, 4 months ago
I've posted some video from Friday's show at Shoreline. We were in Section 102, Row E. Apologies for the camera shake, I had to hold the camera over my head. Got about half the show on video.

www.guitarvibe.com/2011/06/furthur-shoreline.html
--Zack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skudebro, jenbrightsky, captaintony
jenbrightsky
Fresh Boarder

#31317 3 years, 4 months ago
Thanks, Zach!!! The kids and I had a dance party this morning! I wish I could have been there and am happy you were. The 3 year old particularly liked Here comes the sun.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#31439 3 years, 4 months ago
Here's my review: I can't remember.

This has never happened to me: I smoked something. I came out of the fog, looked around and couldn't figure out where in the set we were.... I asked my buddie if we were heading to set break... or what? My buddy just shook his head and said they are about to do the encore you moron. That's my review. No idea what it was... but I spun and danced and seemed to have a great time.... was there the whole time... can't remember St. Stephen at all. Otherones... ok (no I don't remember). Not sure what it was or wasn't or where or lost or how.... good thing I didn't drive. I don't even remember set break. Had a great flat place right up on the rail of the lawn, too.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#31565 3 years, 4 months ago
lol ..... sounds like a fun time but maybe a little to much of something since you don't remember the show to well.......I wouldn't wanna be that fucked up where I didn't know whats going on
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: 6/3/11 Furthur, Shoreline Amp., Mountainview Ca.

#31729 3 years, 4 months ago
A sweet little show. Our lot experience started off right ( and we knew we were home) when the guy parked next to us pulled out a pet carrier and let out the baby wild swan he was caretaking since it had been abandonded by it's mother a few weeks back. I love how the variety of show attendees never ends. The lot experience was a bit more subdued than what we were used to due to the cops cracking down somewhat on the drinking and vending. Nothing draconian, but lots of petty hassles. The yellow jackets were mellow and having to go around and explain that the authorities were not going to allow vending or alcohol drinking. It was a polite thing to do; they looked embarrassed, not likeing to have to tell people they couldn't party. They told the vendors they just had to see them start to pack it up, and then they'd walk away. The cops were non-agressive in their approach; if they saw the alcohol it had to be poured out, but anyone with sense was able to drink as much as they wanted, you just had to keep an eye out. The crowd was chill, lots of nice interesting people to talk to. Lots of respect and good attitudes. After we had our fill of schmoozing, we went in. Lots of room to spread out in, large steep lawn, and a nice concourse filled with overpriced food and drink. I walk around there and forget what venue I'm at, it's so trippy, kind of like a county fair layout. A really nice wishful beginning to the show, but we were ready to have a good time, rain or no. Headed up the hill for the good dancing space. I won't review the music, that being redundant since it can be heard by those interested, except to say that for me, as usual, it was too short. But then the rain came at the end, and we knew it was time to go. A good time, filled with all the usual best a show has to offer; and the anticipation of doing it all again tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#32441 3 years, 4 months ago
my 1st Furthur show... last time i saw Phil and Bob it was 17 years ago and the fat man was still alive and kickin'.

i really enjoyed the june 3rd show... great setlist and a very solid performance. i preferred this show to the show on the 4th (although the 4th was also excellent).

i can't say that i came away with the same amazing "exhuberation" i had after my first GD show on 10/26/85, but i had a lot of fun and am looking forward to hitting the eugene and monterey shows.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#32981 3 years, 4 months ago
great show! first set was so good, it everyone was like in a daze wondering around. second set did not dissapoint either, any shit talkin about furthur is must be from people who havent seen them, or just dont like greatful dead music, cause thats what it is 2011 grateful dead music.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds