Wow! refs suck. Illinois got robbed.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: FURTHUR FORUM MARCH MADNESS 2013!!!

#248165 1 year, 7 months ago
gvanman wrote:

Worst call of the weekend!! I wanted another Big 10 team in the Sweet 16!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#248167 1 year, 7 months ago
This bracket is easily the worst piece of crap I have ever put together. Good Lord.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
kfender
Gold Boarder

#248350 1 year, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
gvanman wrote:

The Big 10 got the most help out of any conference.Michigan and Michigan St got to play in Auburn Hills while Indiana and Ohio St both got to play in Dayton.Both Michigan schools looked good.Indiana and Ohio St both could have lost.I wonder why they all say the Big 10 is the best conference?I have a real problem with teams playing so close to their campuses.You're already given an advantage with a high seed.It provides the easiest path for advancement.You shouldn't get a home court advantage too.It's amazing to me that theses upsets even happen when the deck is stacked so heavily against the underdogs
kfender
Gold Boarder

#248351 1 year, 7 months ago
Oh yeah Syracuse got the worst of it.The only team seeded 4th or better that had to travel all the way across the country.They also played in a venue 45 minutes from Cal's campus in Berkley.Granted Cal had to "upset" UNLV to create that matchup but it still is a bit ridiculous to me
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#248419 1 year, 7 months ago
kfender wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
gvanman wrote:

The Big 10 got the most help out of any conference.Michigan and Michigan St got to play in Auburn Hills while Indiana and Ohio St both got to play in Dayton.Both Michigan schools looked good.Indiana and Ohio St both could have lost.I wonder why they all say the Big 10 is the best conference?I have a real problem with teams playing so close to their campuses.You're already given an advantage with a high seed.It provides the easiest path for advancement.You shouldn't get a home court advantage too.It's amazing to me that theses upsets even happen when the deck is stacked so heavily against the underdogs

Now, I know you didn't like having to stay up late for those games, but you won and you're going to a Sweet 16 game in the East so that should make you feel better. Though that game, against Indiana, will probably also prove to you why the Big 10 has 4 teams in this round, and would no matter where they played. After all, 4 of the top 10 ten teams in the final AP and Coach's polls are from the Big 10. This includes Michigan State at 9 and Michigan at 10. Syracuse ended up at 16th in the AP and 18th in the Coach's poll. So even though you got lucky with a 4 seed, you played farther from home. I think the Committee did a fine job.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#248995 1 year, 6 months ago
Warlock wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

I need Miami to go all the way if I want to win any money

I'm rooting for you Sue, I need Miami too for personal reasons

This isn't looking too good for us, Warlock.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#249014 1 year, 6 months ago
WOW Miami couldn't buy a basket they didn't play well at all !
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#249046 1 year, 6 months ago
And another number 1, Indiana, goes down, and with it goes what was left of my brackets! I bet kfender and the other Syracuse fans are very happy right now, though.

Tenecjed is all alone in the first at the moment. That works for me, since he's got MSU as the champion. Good picking!!
Last Edit: 1 year, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
kfender
Gold Boarder

#249048 1 year, 6 months ago
Way to go Orange!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds