• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
perry
Senior Boarder

Re: RatDog Tour?

#247017 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
^^^ I agree. I did feel a little tension between the 2 crowds. AAB haven't been here in awhile so I'm sure it would be a zoo at RR.

The meat in your seat rule doesn't apply at RR!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247019 1 year, 7 months ago
There must be a couple of ratdog threads but anyway I posted that I loved that show it just seemed a little odd, maybe Ratdog being an opener is what made it feel different. Bobby opens for no one dammit!! Then again I don't fall head over heel over the ABB, I enjoy them and all but am definitely not a die hard for that band. That weekend was sweet btw. The 2 nights prior we were in Snowmass for Widespread (where you can actually purchase a ticket imagine that) and then drove straight to the RR parking lot for Ratdog. Good times man, good times.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247114 1 year, 7 months ago
RATBOB

denver man--at saratoga one year ratdog opened and the allmans actually owned it and i realized why the allman brothers band was headlining and not ratbobby.

i used to feel the opposite.

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right. the ratdog show was actually great, so don't get me wrong on that.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#247142 1 year, 7 months ago
notice Jeff C isn't a part of Phil & Friends at Vibes

there's another sign that Ratdog may be touring this summer, likely somewhere else during the time of the Vibes ?

I like the Allmans but their not a band I want to see 10 times in a few weeks. Hopefully they at least rotate who headlines like they did one year... my first Dead related show I was pretty much drawn to cause of the Allmans... but Ratdog opened and stole the show and that's where it all started for me
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#247145 1 year, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
RATBOB

denver man--at saratoga one year ratdog opened and the allmans actually owned it and i realized why the allman brothers band was headlining and not ratbobby.

once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right. the ratdog show was actually great, so don't get me wrong on that.

No I hear ya, I understand why ABB was the headliner but it was just weird to me to see Bob open for someone. They opened for SCI a couple of years earlier and I thought that was downright blasphemy but I didn't make it to those shows so it didn't really hit me until I was there in person.

I liked the year earlier when Ratdog played RR with Kimock on lead and Keller opening. Actually I more than liked it, it was and still is one of my favorite post-Dead shows .. it was that good.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
direwolflove222
Senior Boarder
Its an obsession but its pleasing

#247166 1 year, 7 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
notice Jeff C isn't a part of Phil & Friends at Vibes

there's another sign that Ratdog may be touring this summer, likely somewhere else during the time of the Vibes ?

I like the Allmans but their not a band I want to see 10 times in a few weeks. Hopefully they at least rotate who headlines like they did one year... my first Dead related show I was pretty much drawn to cause of the Allmans... but Ratdog opened and stole the show and that's where it all started for me

Good point. It wouldnt suprise me.

I feel the same way about the Allmans. They are great but not in large doses.
eight-sided whispering hallelujah hat rack
perry
Senior Boarder

#247173 1 year, 7 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
wlewis wrote:
RATBOB

No I hear ya, I understand why ABB was the headliner but it was just weird to me to see Bob open for someone. They opened for SCI a couple of years earlier and I thought that was downright blasphemy but I didn't make it to those shows so it didn't really hit me until I was there in person.

I liked the year earlier when Ratdog played RR with Kimock on lead and Keller opening. Actually I more than liked it, it was and still is one of my favorite post-Dead shows .. it was that good.

Opening for the Allmans I could understand, opening for string cheese was ridiculous. Plus I ended up front and center and was too hammered to appreciate it! (I'm usually very well behaved at shows)
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#247184 1 year, 7 months ago
If the ABB and RD play Red Rocks, I will be there.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#247192 1 year, 7 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
If the ABB and RD play Red Rocks, I will be there.

no you won't senor ding dong
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#247194 1 year, 7 months ago
I can't wait to dose you Burtha
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds